Thursday, February 3, 2011

Worldwide Photowalk: East and West

Scott Kelby's 3rd annual Worldwide Photowalk brought together 33,497 photographers in 1112 locations for a two hour photo shoot last July.  Wife Olivia joined the group in Myakka River State Park here in Florida, while I was the walk leader in Danang, Vietnam.  Myakka State Park is a great nature photo locale, and although Danang is a large city of one million, my walk was held at the Furama Resort on "China Beach."
The Furama has a lush tropical garden, so I was able to get some nature shots.  Here is a link to the 3rd Annual Worldwide Photowalk site where you can see an album of the worldwide winners.  I hope to participate again in 2011 and hope you will too!

                                                      Worldwide Photowalk 2010

    Photowalk East:  Danang, Vietnam

50 great photogrphers participated





Papaya
and also a great movie, "The Scent of Green Papaya."











Koi in the entryway lotus pond.


The Furama Resort was most cordial in sponsoring this event.  They hosted a post walk coffe break which all enjoyed.  Truely a 5 star resort on the old "China Beach," now properly called the Eastern Sea, the Furama is a wonderful place to stay in Vietnam.





Looking over Danang Bay to the Son Tra Peninsula.

Some of the photogs found their own version of nature photography!

"Chimping!"


The tropical garden!




So many talented photographers...I was just overwhelmed by the great pics they took!




You can see my video "Butterflies of Vietnam" with the link on this site.  I shot it while on an Earthwatch Research Team in Tam Dao National Park.






The "South China Sea" and "China Beach" are terms left over from the Vietnam War.  Now they are more properly called the Eastern Sea and Danang Beach.



Sunbird, don't know exact species!

Oriental Magpie Robin (Copsychus saularis)

Gecko

How to build your own Coracle (round wicker boat), by Hugh Curran from the Morgan Bay Zendo in Surry, Maine.  My isn't it a small world?

Here I am in Vietnam in 1966...with 2nd Bn, 7th Marines.
Now I serve with Vets With a Mission...check out what we do there!


I hope you like this post, Worldwide Photowalk East.
My next post will be at the other side of the world with
Worldwide Photowalk West!

1 comment:

  1. great shots--great to look at on a snowy cold maine evening

    ReplyDelete